BURG 138/B - 7474 EISENBERG AN DER PINKA
Welcome to an Illyrian dry soil pedunculate oak-hornbeam forest (FFH registration: bedstraw oak-hornbeam forest) right in the middle of the oldest nature reserves in the province of Burgenland. The "Nature Park in the Wine Region" is part of the "Hilly Terrace Region of South Burgenland," a Natura-2000-protected area established by the European Union for the protection of natural vegetation and wildlife, as well as their natural habitat.
"Calm Grove" features benches arranged in a circle and a forest sofa for you to be able to experience nature with all the senses. You are invited to enjoy the sounds of nature, to inhale the air of the forest, to breathe the different smells of nature and discover the colourfulness of the area around you while taking various positions on the sofa.
Did you know that
- a cubic meter of wood can absorb and take up one ton of carbon dioxide and can stabilize the climate?
- a walk in a forest while opening up all of our senses (a “forest bathing””) can have positive effects on the nervous system, the psyche and the immune system?
- the forest as an ecosystem functions as a “Wood Wide Web” communicating not only through the roots, but also through the mushrooms and the scents?
- mosses and lichens react to environmental changes in a sensitive way and can be used as bioindicators?
- lichen is a composite organism where algae and fungi live in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship and can occur in most inhospitable places?
DISCOVER THE HABITAT - APPS AND ONLINE PLATFORMS